How to custom frame a poster?
How to Custom Frame a Poster: A Step-by-Step Guide
Framing a poster can give it a professional look and protect it from damage. Custom framing your poster is an excellent option because it lets you choose the perfect frame and matting to complement your artwork. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to custom-frame a poster.
- Measure Your Poster The first step is to measure your poster. Measure the length and width of your sign to determine the frame size you will need. Make sure to measure the poster, not including any border or white space around the image.
- Choose Your Frame Choose a frame that complements the colours and style of your poster. A neutral frame, such as black or white, can work well with most posters. However, consider a bolder colour or a frame with unique detailing if you want to make a statement.
- Select Your Matting Matting can add depth and visual interest to your framed poster. Choose a mat that matches or complements your poster's colours, or select a neutral matting to keep the focus on your artwork. Ensure the matting is acid-free to prevent discolouration and damage to your poster.
- Cut the matting. Cut the matting to fit your poster and frame. You can do this yourself with a mat cutter or have it done professionally at a framing shop.
- Assemble Your Frame: Place the poster and matting inside the frame. Make sure everything is aligned correctly and secure the backing.
- Hang Your Framed Poster Hang your framed poster using picture hangers or hooks. Make sure to use a level to ensure that your poster hangs straight.
Custom framing your poster is an excellent way to enhance its appearance and protect it from damage. Following these six steps, you can create a beautiful, professional-looking framed poster that will last years. Remember to measure carefully, choose the right frame and matting, and assemble everything correctly for the best results.